But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man’s trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. And the free gift is not like the result of that one man’s sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.
Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous. Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(Romans 5:15-21 ESV)
Five contrasts between Adam and Christ
1. Many died through Adam’s sin, but much more have the grace of God and the free gift by grace through Jesus.
2. Adam’s trespass brought judgment, but the free gift through Jesus brought justification.
3. Death reigned through Adam, but many reign in life through Jesus.
4. Adam’s sin led to condemnation, but Jesus’ act of righteousness leads to justification and life.
5. By Adam’s sin many were made sinners, but by Jesus’ obedience many are made righteous.
There is fullness of life and freedom and hope in Christ. In Christ we have grace, justification, life, and righteousness. This is cause to praise God and give Him glory. This is cause to fight against sin. This is cause to boldly go and proclaim the name of Jesus to the world.